• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 hoist winch cable replacement

pistonring

I have a main hoist cable to replace on my M816 wrecker. I am using a three part line if it makes a difference. I have TM 9-2320-260-20-3-4 and it explains the change out well. I would like to have a new cable on hand when I take the old cable off so I can put it back together the same day. Can someone help with the size and length of cable needed? I could measure with a tape measure but I would rather do it the right way and start with the right length the first time. Any particular grade or type of cable recommended? What do you guys use?
Thanks,
Dave in Elkton MD just 1/2 hour up the road from Aberdeen

Stonepicker1

I get this info when I looked up the wire rope part number(7699767)

This is the same cable that is used on the M936 wrecker. (in the TM 9-2320-272-10 for the M936 it has a lenght of 95 feet 5 inch)

DIAMETER
0.500 INCHES NOMINAL ROPE

LAY METHOD
RIGHT REGULAR ALL LAYERS

BREAKING STRENGTH
23000.0 POUNDS NOMINAL

CORE CONSTRUCTION
FIBER

PREFABRICATION FORM
PREFORMED

MATERIAL
STEEL IMPROVED PLOW OVERALL

MATERIAL DOCUMENT AND CLASSIFICATION
RR-W-410 FED SPEC SINGLE MATERIAL RESPONSE OVERALL

STYLE DESIGNATOR
6 X 19

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks