• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 in cab power divider

bbradmv

Sorry if this has been asked before. I bought the truck early this year after it had been sitting for some time. I got the crane working a few months ago but didn't feel like the lever to the left and rear of the drivers seat was moving forward enough but figured that's how it's supposed to be. I tried again today but no luck getting the crane working. The safety catch was moved out of the way. When I went to move the lever under the boom to engage there was a grinding of gears. I was using the clutch release next to the lever. My question is, how far should the power divider in the cab move forward? An inch, 4 inches I don't know. I've had Diamond T and Ward LaFrance wreckers and they have a distinct feel to them when they are engaged. The M816 is kept in a garage and every grease fitting, top and bottom has been greased. Thanks for any information you can provide.

red

The in cab lever doesn't move far, maybe 3-4" measured from the end of the handle. Your rear clutch control (that air lever) is not moving the clutch far enough to disengage it.

What I do with mine is to set the crane engagement lever first, then from in the cab step on the clutch and engage the power divider.

EO2NMCB

There are two zerk fitting on the shaft that is behind the drivers seat, hit them with grease. My was frozen up from rust and time, would not move the handle at all for the power divider.

bbradmv

Red, Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and post them. That's what I have as far as movement. I'll check the air clutch in a day or so. Again, Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks