• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 has play in the steering box

Blythewoodjoe

I have searched for a solution to my steering problem and I just can't find any answers. Here's what I have found.

When driving my truck at speed (at least as much speed as they have) it is all over the road. The only play I can find in the steering is in the box. When the truck is running you can move the shaft that comes from the steering wheel with you hand at the steering box just a little bit before the arm leaving the box moves.

So my question is: can this be adjusted out and how. When the truck is not running the shaft can be moved a lot. I have never worked on anything quite like this. When the engine is running the box "tightens" up. I can't find anything in the TM's that tells me anything on how to trouble shoot this. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be sure your box is tight to the frame, it's fairly common to find the mounting bolts loose.

I'd bet the box has adjustments, not sure where that's covered(probably in a -34 level TM).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks