• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 price?

MO MV man

Hello all,

I was contacted by someone who has a turn-key, super solid M818 with a clear title.

What are these rigs worth nowadays?
Seems the M900 series have captured all the attention lately due to the sea of them up for auction.

I'm hoping this is the right forum for this question.
If not, let me know which other one I need and I'll put it there.

Thanks in advance!

Andy1234

I sold a clean one for $5500 in December. Same scenario, clear title, nice truck, etc....

It was driven back to Houston and is currently working in an oil field.

Thanks,
Andy
:carnac:

MO MV man

Thanks for the fast response, Andy.

I've seen pictures of your trucks in the past and can visualize condition-to-price.

Good deal.

I'm guessing the 818 is a harder sell than the 900 series?
Or vice versa?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Or vice versa?
There are so many varibles that the best answer I can give is not necessicarily....it depends on what the prospective buyer wants them for.

A collector might be all over a pristine truck whereas a logger might be looking for one "in the rough" since he's going to work it like a rented mule.

900 series prices are going down as did the M35's when they flooded the market a few years ago. The 900's were selling at Shelby so cheap a while back that they were being driven off post to the scrappers.

The 800 series are loud and have some quirks.....the 900 series are quieter, ride better and have some quirks.

Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances.

MO MV man

Thanks for the response, wreckerman.

The 818 I'm talking about isn't pristine but it is a great driver, super solid and drive so well it's hard to pass up.
I'd REALLY like to bob it.

The lack of air brakes does simplify the "CDL or no CDL" question.

The complexity of the 900 series does spook me a bit.
I was so spoiled with the simplicity of my old deuce, after all.

Andy1234

Thanks for the fast response, Andy.

I've seen pictures of your trucks in the past and can visualize condition-to-price.

Good deal.

Or vice versa?
If you want to compare an M818 to a M931, call me. You can come over and drive both, as I'm about 10 miles from you (63051). :D:D

As for selling, it all depends upon the end user and his/her ideas. Logger's tend to be hard on stuff and prefer simplicity, whereas collectors want originality.

Andy

pad_cdr

Mine was $2900 from GL a month ago -- super clean, 9300 miles since rebuild. Needed a master cylinder rebuild, but except for a few rust spots that I need to touch up, it's in super shape.

I spent a couple of hours looking it over before the auction, so I knew what I was getting. It even came with 95 gal of diesel.

I'll probably play with it for a year or so, and then sell it, since I have no place to store a trailer.

MO MV man

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Sounds like you got a good deal, pad_cdr!
It'll be painless to drive and enjoy then sell.

I'll be in touch with you soon, Andy. Trust me.
You being THAT close and having THAT many rigs is irresistible. :beer:

Plan one in my devious little mind is to bob one of these monsters.
I did the deuce a few years ago (my avatar) and had a BLAST with the project and driving it here, there and everywhere.
My daughter actually cried when it left. :( She loved that thing.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks