• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 slinging oil on the front

Blythewoodjoe

I picked up my XM818 from the auction house it had been at yesterday and towed the M886 behind it home. Everything went well for the 3 hour drive home. I was walking by it today and noticed some oil. Well maybe a lot of oil, on the front. It appears the belts and everything are getting oil on them from somewhere and slinging it all over the front of the truck. I ran it about a half hour and no dripping. Are there any usual places to start looking for the leak?

It has been removed from the classifieds pending the results of the investigation :-(

Joe

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I think I will wash it up tomorrow and let it run some more. The oil is very heavy around the drivers head light area but not too bad on the other side of the motor. It appears to come out with the engine at speed and not at all while idling. Of course it could be slinging it while idling.

5tondeuce

WW is right on the money.I had the same thing happen on my M818,covered the drivers fender in oil. I bought the seal and bushing from Memphis Equipment. Seal $36. and bushing $14. I have not had a chance to install it yet

AMGeneral

Just my 2 cents here,I had the front crankshaft seal give out on the 816 when I still had it,made the same mess as I see in the pics.

But I agree,more than likely the accessory drive in this case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks