• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818 straight pipe exhaust

ncduece

my muffler is rusted out and i got a price on a new muffler for over $400. anybody know of a place to get a better price? in the mean time im going to just straight pipe it. has anyone done this? how much louder is it?

Hammer

Put some flex pipe in place of the stock muffler, then put a muffler on the stack.

Trust me, straight pipe is LOUD!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yea......what Hammer said.

I put a straight pipe on my 816 due to FUBAR muffler. It sounded like a redneck log truck.
Even with hearing protectors on it gave me a headache on a 60 mile trip.

If there is a big rig junkyard in your area try them. That will be my game plan once I get the engine repaired on mine...may even install twin stacks.

KI4GSN

Try a performance muffler for a civilian diesel truck. They're usually not very expensive, even for a good one. I know there are a few guys here that have put one on a deuce with good results.

Hammer

Straight through mufflers are best for noise and performance reasons.
I am tempted to pull the stock muffler and use my stack muffler for that very reason. But it isn't worth the effort when the stock one still works fine for now.....

bigelk50

The stock one was a pain to pull off. It was ear piercing loud!! I liked it though. I wanted just a bit of constant back pressure so I put a small one on the stack and flex in place of the old muffler. Sounds great, still LOUD ad **** too, but not ear piercing. Nothing wrong with my muffler, just wanted it louder.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ordered a new muffler from White Owl. They assured me it is a new production, OEM muffler. They were very nice to deal with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks