• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818

marsman

All,

I have a question that I hope you have picture for as I am not sure if this would work or not. I am not a truck mechanic I am a helicopter Crew Chief by training so please be easy on me.

Has any one taken an M818, removed the 5th wheel added either a shortened bed or an M105 bed? I would like to keep the spare tire carrier and the duel axles. I would also like to add some larger tires but not to big to cause rubbing.

My goal is to have a nice truck without the Chinese scrape yards getting any more of our hero MV parts.

KsM715

As you can see its easily done with an M818.

(not mine but one of my favorites) IIRC its cessnatwin's or used to be.

Attachments

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't seem to find the thread, but I believe there is a version with a cargo bed that locked into the 5th wheel too. The 818 isn't modified much at all and still has a cargo bed.

I dig the look of those modified 818s. I'd trade my 813 for a 818 frankencargo.

Boom! As I typed MW showed the goods.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks