• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916a1/a2 hyd.pump specs ???

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
M916a1/a2 hyd.pump specs ??? Does anyone know what the gpm or pressure is on these trucks.I looked thru the owners manual could not find anything.I need to know if it will work for my Stellar hooklift.thanks..

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think it's 32gpm at 2500. . I can find out in the morning for sure

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A power beyond valve should be able to go after the pump and before the OEM valve, but be careful that it is full flow and your piping is full flow.

The problem I see is with having very small flow with a crane, thus a valve with that large (open center) of flow does not usually have low end "feel" that (I like) for a crane. I have yet to see a valve with 30+ gpm flow and sections that would max out at 10-12 gpm. There should be some that have spools to handle that problem, but I have not found them.

After building a PTO and direct mount pump with similar flow to the OEM, and not having a winch or other high flow need, I'm probably going to have to go to a much smaller pump (front plow need about 10 gpm) because of the same issues.

How much flow does your Stellar hooklift need and does it have it's valving already?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You haven't said, does the pump need to operate the crane (hooklift) and winch both?

Last edited:

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I removed the winch,Just the hooklift hoist.It requires 4200 psi.It is for rolloff cans.It has everything ,I'm taking it off another one of my trucks.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not looking forward to doing it on my 931A2 either. I'm working with direct mount and not sure of the spacing yet. I concentrated on the A3 install (shown in the ad on my rebuilt tranny).

The one I just listed for sale has the flow for your need but is 2500 psi. I'm surprised the big cylinder(s) of a hooklift are that high of pressure.

Here is the listed one; http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?167120-PTO-and-direct-mount-Muncie-pump

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks