• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916a1 Picked up today

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up 916a1 today. Pretripped it, jump started it with slave cable and drove it home. Nice clean truck 43000 miles. pics will be posted when it stops raining so I can get a few good ones.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck. I have one, too, and love it! I may part with it...not sure. Only reason I may part with it is that I got an M916A2 which has factory air conditioning among other upgrades. No M916A2s have come out...I got this in a trade from a guy who got it from an "agency." By the way, performance-wise, the A2s are identical to the A1s so don't worry yourself any. The only real changes they made on the A2 are:

*factory air conditioning
*slightly different suspension in the rear
*slightly different lever that activates the air ride seats
*separate speedo and tach.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Freightliners, unfortunately, have a fairly low top speed. It has to do with the gearing combined with a 4 speed transmission. I would say that 55-57 mph is the maximum safe cruising speed for extended periods. The truck will do 60 mph or slightly more, though.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jim, I mentioned gearing and the transmission as inhibiting factors, but the tire size definitely plays a part as you pointed out.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it has the 60 series and I got 60 out if her on the way home. Great condition just needs 4 batteries and new wiper blades for now. Hope to get the trailer for it in the next few weeks will keep you posted.

NEIOWA

Can anyone help me with some dimensions on M916A1/A2?

Back of cab to CL of rear bogie.
Back of Cab to rear of frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks