• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 front spring bolt size?

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I've searched the manuals provided on this site, but I'm pretty sure I'm a bit thick headed and just can't find the answer to this question.

Can anyone tell me off hand what size (dia and length) the bolt that attaches the frame to the front eye of the front leaf spring on a M917 dump truck? My boss has reported that the one on the drivers side has sheared off. The bolt is half missing, meaning the head portion and 3/4 of the actual bolt are gone. The last 1/4 of the bolt including the castle nut and pin are still in place.

Yes, I know I could remove the other one and find one that matches, but the truck is 70 miles away from me and I'd like to take the parts with me when I go to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks