• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M920 rebuild mileage?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I have a 1980 M920 and when I got it the truck had come through a complete rebuild the cable on the winch had never been unspooled, there is not an old airline or wire on the truck and completely repainted 3 color NATO Woodland just truly a beautiful truck! My question is this, on the drivers door the rebuild plate had been riveted on there, well in going through the numbers on the plate I get to the Mileage of truck prior to rebuild and it shows 88 miles in this space! I read it like 5 times and 88 miles is stamped in that spot. Is this possible or does it mean something else that I dont know about?
Thanks guys and your ideas greatly appreciated
Karl

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rebuilds on these trucks occurred in the 2000s when these trucks were already 20 years old. It’s most likely that the speedometer was replaced at some point.

ToddJK

It's possible, but anything milage or hourly related is suspicious with MV's. Dates are at least some form of indication if it was stamped on any of the tags. Almost impossible to know for certain without a paper trail.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks