• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 AM General 2004 - Buying question

aztron

Hey guys!

Long time reader and finally signed up for an account!

I am looking at a M923 on a auction website and need some advice. This Duece seems sort of cheap at $6,500, almost cheap enough to the point where I feel like I am missing something. Is there anything that I should be extra careful with regarding this M923 or M923's in general (is there a reason this one is so cheap?)

One of the possible downsides that I could see is that with only 4 miles this thing needs to be broken in and something could be seriously wrong and no one would no due to low miles. Part of me also would like one with a winch and a turbo but I know that would be a lot more $$$ (thoughts??). I was told by the seller that he would hold vehicle with a deposit until he got title from the state of Texas in 3-4 weeks (red flag??)

This one is definitely outside of my area of expertise. Any help/advice/opinions would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance to all that take the time to help!!!!!:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my opinion a straight M923 going private party asking price is at 7000.
So you would be under don't base any opinions on mileage as it may or may not be correct
Paint condition
Clean engine bay
No leaks
Starts
Tire condition
And if you want at least call it a double deuce lol

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Soft top deduct
No bows or cover deduct
And I would not believe that mileage or hour meter
Its been turn back in my opinion.
My first tan 923 was 7k with cover and bows

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well lets just look at it this way. $1800 for wheels and tries so $4700 for a military truck what a deal but that truck is not going to sell for $6500. If Fuzzy decides to sell my guess 10k.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please remember that links to auctions are not allowed unless they're already closed.

Fuzzy is a member here on the site as well.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi aztron,

The M923 is my truck and I'm confident in the vehicle's condition. I picked this one and a few "sister" trucks up from Kansas Overhaul Facility at Ft Riley, Kansas. They were still in the factory yard and one even I broke the paint seal when turning the door handle, talk about opening a Christmas present! Haha. Anyway, if you have questions feel free to call me. I'm always willing to help a new member into the addiction..err..hobby. :beer:

-Fuzzy

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Aztron, welcome from Cape Cod, MA. Good luck on your truck search if this one doesn't come through. I have had my 1984 M923 for 8 months and have done a lot of work on her. She was in real good shape when I got her. Got to remember that these are 30+ year old vehicles and will need some work just like any collector car. If you pull the trigger on this one good luck and do lots of reading on here in the TM's. Lots of good people here to get help from. Sounds like you will be off to a great start with the truck. I have heard Fuzzy is a great guy! I love my 5 Ton :driver:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks