• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Crew Cab anyone?

Drove an M923 5 blocks yesterday and was hooked.

Those MV/Ts make it feel like a whole different class of truck than I imagined (after playing with a Deuce for 3 years).

I want to build one a crew cab.

Now I have to get a CDL :cookoo:

I feel like an evil redneck scientist.

Gotta run, I see a full moon.

mattwspeed

building a crew cab 923a2 right now with an 8.3L....bobbing it this Sat. and hoping to have it done in 2-3 weeks!... much further along now than in this pic!.. PS.. you dont need a CDL for a 5-ton if its a rec. vehicle and not in a business name! :)cc 5ton.jpg

That's what I'm talking about.

Would love to see more pics of the inside if you're willing to share them.

Also, have you considered dicing up your bed instead of using the M105 bed? The length of the bed looks great but the wheel well has me turning my head sideways. :grin:

Just curious how you get by without an air brake endorsement?

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

mattwspeed

sorry for the reply delay!... we have cut down the bed to 7.5 feet which will move the front axle back about 10'' or so when we bob it... the truck should look proportioned pretty well... we are bobbing it this weekend and I will take lots of pics as we do it. I hope to have it painted by next week and the truck complete in time for a cookout here in GA... I did a deuce a few months ago and it turned out nice! Figured we would try a 5 ton this time around.... On the Air brake and CDL issue... My parents own a CDL driving school and after digging in the books for a while and talking with my cousin who is a locall Sherriff.. "not deputy" we found that as long as it is used for recreation and is not over 25999lbs you dont have to have CDL's. Much like these giant motor homes folks drive without CDL's. Its a loop whole designed for the florida snow birds and fat wallet campers! Now that being said, if its in or insured under a business name then you need CDL's or if you ever pull a trailer... you need CDL's... if not just put a regular tag on it and have fun :)

HASSON1911

Sweet truck, not to be too off topic here but I noticed you said its an A2, but you took the ctis off. was there a thread you followed or something I've been looking for one that's good with pics and all. I got mine coming home in 2 weeks and want to get ready just in case my ctis doesn't work. I'll only keep it if it works flawlessly. But again seriously nice 5 ton you got there can't wait for the final pics. Are you going to make a hard top or a soft top?

mattwspeed

thanks... its a very nice truck, it is an A2 but the CTIS was already removed when i got it... still has the control pannel for it but its unhooked. I dont like CTIS anyway.. just one more thing to mess up as they do often from what im told. I will post more pics next week. Bobbing it this weekend so wish me luck haha! Getting the interior Line-X'ed on Wed. The truck will be a soft top... Im a jeep guy at heart i guess!.. My guy does a killer job on the soft tops! Expensive, but worth it! I am looking for some info on how to turn the fuel up just a bit on this 8.3L.. just wanna roll coal out the pipe when i giver some fuel... not looking for big power gaines as it has plenty!

Great ideas. Look forward to the Pics.

Speaking of CDL, I'm studying for mine right now. I have to have a different class of license regardless since it's GVW is over 26k. Since I don't want to tag it Farm (I do have such an operation), I will need to go CDL. If I'm going that far, might as well go Class A so I can tow whatever I want.

How about everyone else? Do you need to go CDL in your states?

sorry for the reply delay!... we have cut down the bed to 7.5 feet which will move the front axle back about 10'' or so when we bob it... the truck should look proportioned pretty well... we are bobbing it this weekend and I will take lots of pics as we do it. I hope to have it painted by next week and the truck complete in time for a cookout here in GA... I did a deuce a few months ago and it turned out nice! Figured we would try a 5 ton this time around.... On the Air brake and CDL issue... My parents own a CDL driving school and after digging in the books for a while and talking with my cousin who is a locall Sherriff.. "not deputy" we found that as long as it is used for recreation and is not over 25999lbs you dont have to have CDL's. Much like these giant motor homes folks drive without CDL's. Its a loop whole designed for the florida snow birds and fat wallet campers! Now that being said, if its in or insured under a business name then you need CDL's or if you ever pull a trailer... you need CDL's... if not just put a regular tag on it and have fun :)
Here in Texas, if you have air brakes you still need a Class B license for an RV or farm vehicle. Same basic requirements as a class B CDL and since I want to haul trailers it's Class A CDL in my future.

Thanks for the good info!

D3M0N

This is AWESOME! I have been planning out doing an extended cab (much like a HET cab) on my 923, so this is GREAT visual aid. Can't wait to see it finished.

(Chanting) Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

mattwspeed

here are a couple of recent pics after the bob and base color paint... 53's and black camo to come this week.... I will post plenty of pics when it complete!IMG_4577.jpgIMG_5403.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks