• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 reverse lights install

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Hi all I am in the process of installing reverse lights in my 923. I got the allison reverse pressure switch part 29503665. On the passenger side of the trans there is a port for the switch there is a bolt in its place. When the bolt is removed with the vehicle cold no fluid came out and the switch just screwed in by hand and I snugged it up with a wrench. I ran a wire up into the cab you can see a red arrow pointing to it in one of the pics. I have a 20amp solid state dc control relay and I bought a sealed plastic box I am going to mount it under the dash. I put the truck in reverse and verified with a meter that the switch is functioning properly. I installed 2 led flood lights in the back all I have left to do is run a wire up to the cab from the lights and find power somewhere. If someone knows a good place to grab 24 volts under the hood preferrably please let me know. I am also putting a switch in the cab so I can put the lights on manually.
3.jpg4.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Vintage iron

Extra light comes in handy when backing up at night. I am not sure I would want the to come on every time. I know I had to reposition my truck at the Weare Rally and I think people would not have been to happy with flood lights in their tents. A switch in the cab maybe a good idea?

jw4x4

I wired my backup alarm to the pressure switch I installed in the trans, and put a switch in the dash so I could negate the alarm when desired. My rear facing LED work/reverse lights are wired to another switch in the dash. I don't want to have to put it in reverse to have the LED's come on.

crolfe1984

Might anyone have a picture or a bit more direct advice on where to grab the 24v power source? I'm doing an install on some reverse lights today. I've got my switch panel rigged up and the rear lights should go on no problem... I just need a good power source!

Also curious as to what gauge wire you used.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can grab 24v off either pair of batteries get a ring connector and go to one of the batt terminals. I would advise a fuse inline. I prefer to use the pressure switch in the transmission with a relay in the battery box.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lights to switch installedl on batt box then to batt with inline fuse is the way I did mine .
Did not want them coming on in reverse because I also can use them as work lights

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
With the relay in place I used the pressure switch to give the relay a ground for activation and I have a dash switch that turns on my rear floods and it also activates the relay.

Ironbrothers

I've been searching these light hookup install threads and havent figured out yet how you can hook these to the batteries. Any combination I seem to try sends sparks flying. Is anyone able to explain which terminals to use on the 4 batteries? I am just learning a 24v system and I dont want to hurt anything but I need lights for my states inspection.
Thanks guys, I am learning a lot on Steel Soldiers!

77 AMG

I pulled power off of the B/O Marker at the tail lights, since I ALWAYS have the "normal" lights on when it is being driven. Simple habit to get into when needed.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also pull power off of pin 16 on your dimmer switch. That will provide power when your service drive lights are on. Use a "Y" adapter to connect the aux light power to main power and switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks