• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Air Compressor Rebuild Parts

NJDEUCE

Can anyone point me to where I can purchase the parts to rebuild the air compressor on my M923A2? The compressor failed on me last Sunday, and I barely made it back home. I checked the whole truck for leaks, and did not find any. I recently rebuilt the air dryer, so that was not the problem either. I dove into the project of removing the air compressor today, so all I need is the parts to rebuild it. I should also mention that I disconnected the outlet hose from the compressor and was able to hold back the pressure with my hand. After I got the compressor out I pulled the four bolts off the top and the gasket was completely destroyed when I went to open it. I'm thinking that may be part of the issue. I would like to rebuild everything I can while I have it out of the truck. I need all the gaskets as well. If anyone has done this before and can help me out that would be awesome.

Part number on the compressor is Holset 3558006 SS296

I've tried searching for any parts I could find, but im hitting dead ends.

Thank you

NJDEUCE

Thanks for the numbers davo, unfortunately my cylinder head got cracked when I was taking it all apart...ugh. Does anyone have a source for M939a2 compressors? I can only find ones that are close to being right, but not exact, even with the part number.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Bump on this thread

Air Compressor Unit

TruckPro/Meritor Number is R9553558006X
Napa/Midland/Haldex is 3558006X

Added to the parts spreadsheet 6/26/2016

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks