• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Throttle Upgrade

T2321

Has anyone upgraded the throttle on these? Electronic or air? I searched through the threads but didn't find much. I know there are some aftermarket companies but was seeing if anyone has done one and what their experience was/is with it. Our department uses ours as a tactical tender so always under load and harsh dusty environment.

Glenngineer

Has anyone upgraded the throttle on these? Electronic or air? I searched through the threads but didn't find much. I know there are some aftermarket companies but was seeing if anyone has done one and what their experience was/is with it. Our department uses ours as a tactical tender so always under load and harsh dusty environment.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is wrong with the factory setup on the current truck? Has worked well for the military since the 1950s using the same pivot style setup. Under load. In more severe types of conditions than your tender will see. It is a simple setup that works. K.I.S.S.

There are some folks that have put cruise control on their trucks and that unit will control the throttle on its own cable control.

The sluggish throttle response that the other member speaks of is more than likely an out of adjustment modulator cable causing a slow build up of pressure in the transmission before it starts to pull.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks