• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 transfer case lever disconnected?

Katavic918

I'm looking at an m923a2 to buy and during my inspection I noticed the transfer case lever is missing its pivot pin. Im wondering why they would have disabled it or if the pin just came out on its own somehow. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm looking at an m923a2 to buy and during my inspection I noticed the transfer case lever is missing its pivot pin. Im wondering why they would have disabled it or if the pin just came out on its own somehow. I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.
Could be froze up or maybe it broke. Depending on where it came from it was maybe so they never used low range. I do that to some customers trucks that dont need it so they cant tear crap up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

sandcobra164

It may have been a national guard truck. We removed ours years ago to stop the cracked transfer case problems. Did not matter which engine. In reverse, there is too much multiplication of torque for the transfer case to survive under a heavy foot in low range. The only trucks we didn't do that to were the wrecker's. We had a gentlemen's agreement that we hoped those drivers would have more sense.

Katavic918

That makes sense. I knew about the transfer case problem which is why it had crossed my mind that it had been disabled intentionally. I would like to see if it works so I may hook it back up. The only thing that worry's me is the slight chance that there is something mechanically wrong and by engaging low range I will cause damage. I know that sounds unlikely but I have always had a worst case scenario mindset. Thanks for the replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks