• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Shutting Off

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My truck has started intermittently shutting off immediately after starting it. I can restart it and it runs fine.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you serviced your fuel system lately(ever)?

74M35A2

Important portion of above in addition to general maintenance is replacing the flexible lines on the suction side of the fuel system. Really should be considered step 1 on trucks of this generation and age, as it is a known issue, and is one of the causes of what you are experiencing. Also be sure any frame mounted fuel filters are assembled correctly, if present.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck was completely rebuilt in 2011 and garaged for the most part until I bought it. It has less than 100 hours since rebuild.

162tcat

They don't "completely rebuild" the trucks at overhaul. They replace anything that's broken and give it a fresh coat of paint. The advice from others above is excellent and a great place to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

You have no idea what they did and did not do. In addition to that, a lot of mistakes have come out of "rebuilds". Replace the flexible suction lines regardless, as they may not have been changed. New filters, and check tank dip tube. All very common problem areas. If still an issue, move onto OFV (overflow valve) in the pump (externally mounted, simple to remove/clean/test).

Last edited:

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck was supposed to have been rebuilt by VSE. The engine data plate says it was dynoed for 4 hours when rebuilt. The truck looks new, runs well, very quiet. So far, so good...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shuts off like you shut the power off or kinda idles low then shuts off? Does it re start right away or cranks a long time then fires?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks