• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M927

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
reble47,

Search the 5 ton forum as there many threads on it.

Bottom line, What is in it right now? Yellowish oil is 10w or 15w40 plain ole motor oil. Red oil is dexron III Atf. I would top off with whatever is in there and plan on changing both the pan filter and spin on filter by the heater core and refill with dexron. Should give you better shifting that is less harsh. Allison recommends their proprietary oil which is pricey. Allison manual that I read suggests changing filters flush out what you can , refill, drive several hours, and flush again, refill and good to go. 5-10 gallon investment.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run DEXRON III, but I have been told by the Allison dealer that Transynd (or however it is spelled) is the latest and the greatest. The military often uses 10W oil...again I have been told that this is the same as DEXRON, but without the additives. Still, when I asked Allison directly, they recommended DEXRON or Transynd, and not 10W.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks