• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 question

DWagg

Just curios if there is a generator OR? Atop of this truck? Apologies ahead of time for my ignorance lol. I'm looking at a rig like this to build into a Wild Pig mobile hunting truck.
Looks larger than normal so I'm wondering it its also a hear or an A/C unit?? M934Truck.jpg

DWagg

Thanks for the reply, that part just seems to be larger than on the other M923's on the auction. Whats normally mounted up there? just a generator?

goldneagle

Thanks for the reply, that part just seems to be larger than on the other M923's on the auction. Whats normally mounted up there? just a generator?
No. Generators are not mounted on the truck by the military. There is a large A/C unit in the center and 2 small Multifuel heaters on each side of the A/C unit. A/C unit is 3 phase! You would be better off removing the A/C unit if it is still up there as well as the heaters. The heaters were supposed to be blanked off due to asbestos around their ductwork. There was a mod order for this.

If you desire heat ans A/C I recommend a 1 phase all in one heat pump or one of those new 2 piece ductless heater/A/C units out there.

DWagg

I'm not sure how tall, but I'm betting you'd have to map out your routes to avoid low overpasses, bridges, power lines ect. Probably a lot more trouble than what its worth! I'm not going to even throw a bid on this one.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Its right at 12ft tall I am sure. An M934 with 14.00s is 11'10" and has to go on an RGN for transport. Those rails do not look that high. Either way an 18" deck on an RGN ill still clear it under overpasses.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm sure it's not over 13' 6", the legal max before permits, but it could still limit where you could go with the thing.

I would still try the drive thru at In and Out just cause I haven't had one of their burgers in awhile.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curios if there is a generator OR? Atop of this truck? Apologies ahead of time for my ignorance lol. I'm looking at a rig like this to build into a Wild Pig mobile hunting truck.
Looks larger than normal so I'm wondering it its also a hear or an A/C unit?? View attachment 600161
And you do know that is an expandable unit? The walls push out 4 feet or so.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be a little concerned about driving over uneven terrain (I.e., turning into a gas station that has a slopped drive), and the frame flexing and causing the added truss work to hit the hard top.

It looks like the hard top is bent in a bit where it has hit in the past.

Just my first thoughts when seeing the picture. I agree that it looks like a big AC unit(s) and maybe some ducting over the top with the truss work to protect it. I would think you would be able to cut and front piece to give the hard top more room to move and solve that problem.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
it expands from 7x17 to 14x17. They are nice till they take on more water than the titanic

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is definitely a unit modification. My guess is the generator has been added up there as it should already had ac in the original compartment.

The truck also has a flat tire and remember the cab flexes. I think that is why the weird angle on top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks