• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 recovery

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Hey guys. My wife and I plan on recovering our M936 wrecker this weekend. This is the route we plan on taking and was wondering if anyone is along it just in case we have any issues. We will post pics of the recovery afterwords. We hope everything goes as planned. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Camp+Shelby,+Hattiesburg,+MS&daddr=Macon,+GA&hl=en&ll=31.905541,-85.275879&spn=4.681115,7.020264&sll=33.081608,-83.78364&sspn=0.288818,0.438766&geocode=Fe3E2wEdx-2u-iEVohWiO1yFmQ%3BFfcb9QEd7t4D-ykN44GIS_jziDGhpL_xPH2x7g&oq=Macon&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

Last edited:

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Yeah, it's actually sitting in his yard right now. The map was just for a general route we plan on taking. But, he is the man to talk to about anything out of Camp Shelby that is for sure.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would run up to Meridian on I59 to I 20 east, then get US 80 at York to cut over east to Montgomery. Unless there is some reason to visit Mobile.:driver::mrgreen:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Best of luck you guys, I hope you all have good weather and a safe trip, from the indy crew to your crew. The wife wants to know is Deuce (the dog) going on the recovery as well?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know I'm not in the loop, but the M543A2 is here with a set of HEAVY towbars if needed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Then again, the VeeDub could just be suspended from the wrecker boom for the ride back. :mrgreen:

mdmorganwife

I would run up to Meridian on I59 to I 20 east, then get US 80 at York to cut over east to Montgomery. Unless there is some reason to visit Mobile.:driver::mrgreen:
Why is that? Seems to add miles and time to the trip. We are trying to do the least amount of miles. Unless there is a reason we shouldn't go through Mobile?!?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck Morgans! Keep us posted on the adventures, better yet have a safe recovery and then post pictures when you get home.

Csm Davis

Hey guys. My wife and I plan on recovering our M936 wrecker this weekend. This is the route we plan on taking and was wondering if anyone is along it just in case we have any issues. We will post pics of the recovery afterwords. We hope everything goes as planned. Camp Shelby to Macon, GA - Google Maps
I am at the west end of that line! Want me to check on a hotel for you guys?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks