• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939, Coolant in the Air Compressor Uploader Valve

bsteinborn

I'm assuming if I find coolant in the air compressor uploader valve that the air compressor is cracked and needs to be replaced? Just checking before I spend the money and the time replacing it. I REALLY don't want to replace it. I guess this also explains why I was seeing green liquid whenever I drained the wet tank? Are the air lines going to be full of coolant or is it all trapped in the wet tank. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm assuming if I find coolant in the air compressor uploader valve that the air compressor is cracked and needs to be replaced? Just checking before I spend the money and the time replacing it. I REALLY don't want to replace it. I guess this also explains why I was seeing green liquid whenever I drained the wet tank? Are the air lines going to be full of coolant or is it all trapped in the wet tank. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn
Maybe just a bad head gasket. Doesn't always mean a Cracked compressor

Replacement is easy with the right 5/8" moon wrench. I have a takeoff compressor if you go that route

bsteinborn

Is simp5782 Wes Simpson? If it is, thanks for all those youtube videos. They've been very helpful. I bought the moon wrenches on the off chance I have to replace the air compressor. A bit confused about your head gasket comment. When I remove the cover over the uploader valve it is full of coolant. Every time I try to dry it with a paper towel it just quickly fills with coolant. The coolant line doesn't seem to have a gasket. That's why I figured the air compressor must be cracked between the coolant tunnel and the uploader valve. But I could be wrong since I haven't pulled one apart. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is simp5782 Wes Simpson? If it is, thanks for all those youtube videos. They've been very helpful. I bought the moon wrenches on the off chance I have to replace the air compressor. A bit confused about your head gasket comment. When I remove the cover over the uploader valve it is full of coolant. Every time I try to dry it with a paper towel it just quickly fills with coolant. The coolant line doesn't seem to have a gasket. That's why I figured the air compressor must be cracked between the coolant tunnel and the uploader valve. But I could be wrong since I haven't pulled one apart. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn
Yes. I'm the guy on YouTube.

Coolant goes into the head on the compressor. It's like a cylinder head. So it can be your issue with a blown gasket or cracked head

See pics below

Attachments

bsteinborn

Nevermind Wes, you are correct. Went out to the truck and looked at the compressor again. I see where the head gasket is, guess I'll pull off the head tomorrow and inspect the head gasket. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I sure appreciate all those videos you've made! Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks