• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Traction Control?

162tcat

Hey guys,

I’ve been considering attempting to install a Bendix traction control system on my A2. I drive in lots of conditions including ice and snow where lockers would actually hurt performance. With no air lockers available traction control seems like the next best option.

We already have the wheel speed sensors. This may be oversimplified but it seems like we would just need the new brain and probably change the relay valves to whatever is compatible with the brain.

Anyone have any experience with this type of stuff? Most heavy truck stuff is designed to be stand alone so I can’t see any reason why this isn’t feasible.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Traction control typically doesn’t apply the brakes as much as pull off the throttle, via a simple comparison of front vs rear wheel speed. Since the ABS on our trucks are rear only, and no electronic throttle control, it would be a pretty far reach to obtain.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks