• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 fuel delivery problem

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GIJOECZAR contacted me regarding a problem that he uncovered with his M925A2. He is on the road and does not have Internet access and asked me to post a question to the list.

Here is his info:
"A2 not starting, because it's not getting fuel. There's fuel pressure all the way to the fuel input line on the Injector pump, but I cracked all six injector lines and there's no fuel coming out of any of the lines. So, my guess is it's got a bad injector pump that was destroyed by water getting through the filter to the pump."

Any ideas about the nature of his problem or suggestions? Thank you!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does that have the same fuel shutoff valve as the older trucks? Can it be bypassed manually? Also, does it have the same emergency shutoff pull cable system?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, if anyone has a lead on a rebuilt or new injector pump for a 6CTA 8.3L Cummins motor, please let me know. Thank you!

rrrr

A little more info would be helpful. Did it run well before. Did it get low on fuel and loose prime. What about the fuel filter, is it bad. Like was mentioned earlier does this have the cable shutoff system like the NHC250 ?

With no flow to the injectors it could have lost prime with a lack of fuel in the tank or a clogged filter. It takes a lot to reprime the fuel system in the 9 series trucks. If you could post up more details that would be great.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I searched, and it looks like it does have both items I memntioned. The TM for no start says to be sure the emergency shutoff is in. I did not see where it said to manually bypass the shut-off solenoid, buy I assume it's there and I would try that also.

rrrr

I searched, and it looks like it does have both items I memntioned. The TM for no start says to be sure the emergency shutoff is in. I did not see where it said to manually bypass the shut-off solenoid, buy I assume it's there and I would try that also.

Great info ! Sounds like its not too different from the NHC250.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck came straight from GL. The truck looks like it was under water...not entirely...but it was probably stuck in fairly deep water. This might make sense as the bumper #s indicate it was a school truck. There is water in the power steering reservoir and the transmission. Joe thinks that there might have been water in the fuel filter that got sucked into the injection pump. I believe that they changed the filters. Also, the truck was running when it was recovered, but it did not have any power at all and now won't start.

I am sorry if I am being a bit vague, but I can only provide the little bits of information that I can get from Joe via texting. I will report more as I get information.

Thanks for all the help.

rrrr

You might need to pull the injectors and clean them. Also, you will probably need to pull the head off the HH and clean it up. See if you can pump air through the lines going to each injector as well, with the injector removed. I know it will spray the fuel; so have good eye protection. You need to get whatever might be in the system out. Don't give up yet on the IP.

This sounds easy but is a lot of work. Hang in there and good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks