• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M996/7 ambulance body rear door lock

papakb

I recently added a Yale P-82 deadbolt to my ambulance body so that I could access it from the back rather than having to crawl through the passenger compartment. Thought I'd share the idea.

Kurt

Deadbolt.jpg

Last edited:

AAVP7

Ah, thanks very much. Pretty inconspicuous, and for sure better than the chain-and-padlock-number I´ve seen on in-service ambulances.

papakb

I bought this Yale lock after seeing them on the door of the hotel I stayed at in England. It's a standard Yale product over there but you can order one from Amazon here in the states.
Looking at the P-89 I realized that the brass latch is tapered like a standard door latch would be. If you want more of a deadbolt design with a square brass piece look for a Yale P-82

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks