• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998A1 A/C system mix match install rear fender mount

CUCV_ut

Hello

I just scored my first HMMWV a few weeks ago and am trying to make it a little more comfortable for the family. The 4 door ones were going for quite a bit more money, so I ended up getting this two door model. I've found a helmet hardtop locally to put on it.
714462_6002_160_0001.jpg
It gets pretty hot out here in the desert so I thought about those red dot A/C kits I've seen for sale for years. I guess I could mount the condenser on top of the hardtop, but I don't really want to make it that tall. I found one of the rear fender mount condensers at a reasonable price.
condenser1.jpg
I believe it installs in the right rear fender. I've seen some tube assemblies for sale that say they connect two of the rear fender mount condensers together (one on each side). Does anyone know if they were used in pairs, and if just the one right side one would work? I plan on using the majority of the parts from the red dot add on system to finish out the install.
evap.jpgfittings.jpgcomp mount.jpg
I've already got the 5 belt pulley, a compressor mount, the hose couplings, wiring harness, a receiver dryer. I just need to pick up the compressor and evaporator unit. Has anyone used the rear fender mount in a system on a M998A1? Would it work or is there a better way to install it? I've worked on vehicle A/C system quite often in the past, but never really assembled on from parts before so I'd appreciate any input from people who have built some up.

Thanks

Action

There is s different fender unit for each side. Factory 2-door had 1. Factory 4-door had two. If you hook up two, you eill also need an incab evaporator for the rear seats

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks