• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Machine gun mount.

Dozer11B

The OPFOR here at JRTC run a lot of civvie "technicals" with MGs mounted in the beds of pickups. One is even a dual M2 .50 cal mount.

Interested to see how they ran them, I looked in the back of one the other day and all I saw was a large plate of steel to which the mount was welded. The plate was almost the interior siz of the bed and had 1 hole at each corner where they secure it with ratchet straps to the factory tie down points in the bed. Then the gunner snaps into a point near the base with a gunner restraint system harness (GRS) for safety while for sh!ts and gigs, they don snow mobile or motocross helmets with stickers that say "Space Shuttle Door Gunner" and other silly stuff.

I'll try and get some pics at some point if it would help.

Dozer11B

Hey BeltFed, sorry for the late pics. I forgot I took them a few days ago and then was over in that area again and it reminded me of this thread when I saw them...

The pics below show how large the base plate is and then they secur the plate with tie downs vs bolting it in so that they can remove it if they need to.

Hard to really get a look at the technicals during training because they are usually engaged with the training unit. If not they stay well hidden as any good insurgent would, lol.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks