• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Machine gun tripod question

gunboy1656

I have a replica M60 that I am trying to clean up some of the junk parts. Like cut up bipod legs, top cover and feed tray.

I am wanting to get my hands on a tripod, according to manual the M60 uses the M122 tripod. Have been hunting one for a while now, but all I keep finding is an M2.

When I was a gunner years ago I used the M122.

Can the 60 be used on the M2? Anyone know of someone hiding an M122 they wanna sell?

When I was out of work and completely broke I saw one on epay, now all I can find on there is the legs. Seems the M2 is more popular but it is for the 1919.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some pretty inexpensive 'new-build' replica M2's on ebay and elsewhere. Most come painted black, but it takes a few minutes to disassemble, repaint, then put it back together when dry.
If you don't just have to have an original, these are fine for displays.
They look enough like what I used in the Marines (0331) to make me happy, and no one, as yet, has looked and said "Oooh, yuck, your tripod is an Israeli replica!!"

Cheers

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M2 and M122 are essentially the same with a different data plate. The M3 is huge compared to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks