• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Machine screw fasteners/clips/retainers

High Water

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks so much for those links. I thought I had covered the Fastenal website but you found one that I didn't. Unfortunately, I don't see any that fit correctly; too big, too small, etc.

Here is another site with many clips but no luck there either: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/upholstery-hardware-s/825.htm

I might have to resrt to drilling out the square holes to round and using nut rivets (rivnuts). I really want to avoid that.

coachgeo

Thanks so much for those links. I thought I had covered the Fastenal website but you found one that I didn't. Unfortunately, I don't see any that fit correctly; too big, too small, etc.

Here is another site with many clips but no luck there either: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/upholstery-hardware-s/825.htm

I might have to resrt to drilling out the square holes to round and using nut rivets (rivnuts). I really want to avoid that.
ahhh.... all the information helps. could not tell by pics it was for square hole. What does this hold?

rivnut is better but maybe overkill for what ever it is your fastening down.

Maybe below?

Last edited:

High Water

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ahhh.... all the information helps. could not tell by pics it was for square hole. What does this hold?

rivnut is better but maybe overkill for what ever it is your fastening down.
Thanks again that first plastic one might work in some of the places. I need to measure the square holes again, I did it once but have misplaced it. It seems like it was 4mmx7mm. I am not where my truck is at the moment.

The items that they hold down off the top of my head are the windshield defroster defuser, hand holds bars above the doors, the plastic guards in the foot well door entry, a couple of items on the inside of the doors. There is probably a couple of others I can't think of now.

Asymair95

I used license plate frame nut plates found at most auto parts places. Lowe’s had them also. They were plastic, but worked fine.

spankybear

I found some plaststic clips at the auto store . I think the clips are for a Huyndi or somethinng like that. As for the screws I use #10 stainless steel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks