• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mack ENDT673C Engine

brianrbull

I dont know if this will violate any site rules or not if it does I apologize in advance....

I am home from Afghanistan this summer and we are doing some clean up around the farm. I have a early '70's Mack Postal truck. The truck is wasted (MI Truck rusty ect)But the engine "Ran When Parked" , My Aunt has had some scrappers cleaning out metal around here I stopped them in the early stages of cutting it up.
The questions I have are :
Is this the same engine that is in the MV's?
If so should I save her?

I will post some pics in a little while....

fasttruck

M54A1s and such used ENDT 673 engines with a single disk ckutch. The ENDT675 makes more torque and is typically supplied with a double disk clutch and a bigger radiator which makes it difficult to use in a 5ton. I saw a M 123A1C that had lone grafted into it in replacemedt of the 903 Cummins originally used, but that chassis has a bigger radiator and a double disk clutch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks