• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making an adapter plate to mount an MG42 gun ring to my deuce/5-ton

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making an adapter plate to mount an MG3 gun ring to my deuce/5-ton

I have a spare set of legs for an M49 or M66 gun ring so I bought an MG3 gun ring and am going to make an adapter plate that will allow me to mount the MG3 ring onto the adapter plate then mount the entire assembly to the gun ring legs. The MG3 ring is smaller in Diameter by a couple inches so I was planning to water-jet cut a plate as the adapter. Does anyone have a drawing with dimensions for a M49 or M66 ring?

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been working on the mods needed to mount this MG3/MG42 ring to an MV. I made an adapter plate using the dims off of an M49 ring. I want to lighten it a bit then I'll post pics.

I regards to a Pintle, I wanted to use the existing pintle and cradle because I liked the spring system that takes up recoil. I stripped the pintle, machined off the un-needed ears, then machined and welded an adapter that will now mount an M1919 to the existing pintle. All I have to do is blast, parkerize. This will give me a usable gun ring for a fraction of the cost of an M66 or M49 gun ring besides the fact that it's getting really hard to find a ring mount that won't break the bank.pintle modification 2 [1024x768].jpgpintle modification 1 [1024x768].jpg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bigmike that looks like an interesting project, I got a Unimog with a MG3 mount and gun on it and a newer LWS on my 925A1 setup for an M2, and your right I have not seen a complete M66 mount in some time, keep us posted on your project, it looks like your well on your way!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks