• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manually operated glow plug question???

dhaumann69166

My M1038 has the glow plugs on a push button instead of coming on with the key. I am trying to figure out how long I need to hold the button for them to warm up? Also wondering if all models of HMMWV glow plugs are the same? Mine has the flat connector where the wire plugs onto them but I see most of the glow plugs for sale for the HMMWV have the round plug. Is there any difference other than the connector?

Action

About 7 - 10 seconds and only if the motor hasnt ran in several hours.
Humvees did not come with a push button gp circuit or spade plugs.
Doesnt the cucv use 24v spade plugs?

dhaumann69166

I have found 24v spade plug glow plugs for CUCV just wanted to make sure they were the same fit. Previous owner put the glow plugs on a push button when they hacked the wiring harness coming through the firewall. Eventually I might wire it back in factory but for now it works....kind of. I think I might have some plugs going bad because if it’s not plugged in for a couple hours it won’t start below 65 degrees. Need to test them or just replace them all and be done with it.

Action

I have found 24v spade plug glow plugs for CUCV just wanted to make sure they were the same fit. Previous owner put the glow plugs on a push button when they hacked the wiring harness coming through the firewall. Eventually I might wire it back in factory but for now it works....kind of. I think I might have some plugs going bad because if it’s not plugged in for a couple hours it won’t start below 65 degrees. Need to test them or just replace them all and be done with it.
If what isn't plugged in for a couple hours? A block heater or the plugs?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks