• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine Corps 34052 Behr Paint Codes

jhighsmith

Has Anyone Created a Home Depot Behr Paint File for USMC 34052 Forrest Green ? I have been painting all of my equipment; Dozer, Backhoe, Shipping Containers and MVs, using Behr Premium Plus NATO 3 Color Camo with great success! I will have to post pictures soon.
We recently picked up a M54 A2 for parts to our M817, however, I made a bet with my Wife that if I could get it started, and being that the body is in such pristine shape, I would not part it out for the winch and tires. After 20 minutes of bypassing a few things I hit the starter and fuel pump with 24 volts and the multi fuel C Whistler sprung to life like it hasn't missed a beat in 30 years. I have been driving it around the property and I think some patch wiring here and there and some wheel cylinder brake repair will put this baby back on the road.
If anybody has a link to the Behr Premium Plus Home Depot Codes for the above mentioned paint I would be greatly thankful. We are very familiar with RAPCO and a few other dealers, but have come to really enjoy the freedom of the water based paint line. I would like to add some different ERAs to our MV line up, instead of the same 3 color over and over.
Also, if anybody has a line on a OD 7 canvas cab top RE PRO or NOS , please drop a link.

Thank You
Joe

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Has Anyone Created a Home Depot Behr Paint File for USMC 34052 Forrest Green ? I have been painting all of my equipment; Dozer, Backhoe, Shipping Containers and MVs, using Behr Premium Plus NATO 3 Color Camo with great success! I will have to post pictures soon.
We recently picked up a M54 A2 for parts to our M817, however, I made a bet with my Wife that if I could get it started, and being that the body is in such pristine shape, I would not part it out for the winch and tires. After 20 minutes of bypassing a few things I hit the starter and fuel pump with 24 volts and the multi fuel C Whistler sprung to life like it hasn't missed a beat in 30 years. I have been driving it around the property and I think some patch wiring here and there and some wheel cylinder brake repair will put this baby back on the road.
If anybody has a link to the Behr Premium Plus Home Depot Codes for the above mentioned paint I would be greatly thankful. We are very familiar with RAPCO and a few other dealers, but have come to really enjoy the freedom of the water based paint line. I would like to add some different ERAs to our MV line up, instead of the same 3 color over and over.
Also, if anybody has a line on a OD 7 canvas cab top RE PRO or NOS , please drop a link.

Thank You
Joe
Here is 34052 in oil based from sherwin williams. I preferred it cause of the activator I can use to make it dry really quick

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to go to the paint store and have them look up 'competitive paint', find the FSS (Federal Supply Service) listing then put in the '34052' FSS paint code and they can mix it. Because there are so many different mixing machines, and versions of the software the codes on one can lid may NOT produce the same color as the spot of paint on the lid. Any paint store or manufacturer that wants to get a federal contract must be able to produce paint colors from the FSS data base.

jhighsmith

I can try that. some of those home depot guys get pretty stressed dealing with folks especially around the weekends. I wanted to do any homework before going down there.
Joe

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the ones in the paint department I've dealt with were very happy to learn how to do that. Particularly after they saw they could match the Federal paint codes and could then satisfy 'all' government paint contracts (most all state and local authorities use the FSS paint code numbers - or names such as School Bus Yellow). There is a very good set of threads about the "Behr" paints here - search for it.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used Behr years ago, and "Ponderosa Green" was a perfect 383 green. A truck I painted back in the late 80's still is passable...

Now that they don't stock it in ready mixed, you have to have it done up, but the last time I tried it wasn't in the HD database.

DG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks