• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

memorial weekend 2009

davesgmc

May 23 & 25,
Vintage Military Vehicle Display
National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial – Southeast Lawn
The Military Vehicle Preservation Association displays vintage military vehicles on the southeast lawn and their members are available to answer your questions about their collection. Displays will include Jeeps, tanks and other vehicles from World War II, Korea and Vietnam. The local affiliate of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) will be displaying their vehicles on the front lawn of the memorial. It is free to the public and Is quite a nice display of historic military vehicles. The group will also have available custom made military dog tags. these are a neat gift for anyone. Come on out Sunday or Monday and enjoy the displays and stories about the vehicles. Asl for Dave Thomas and have him make you your very own personalized dog tags.

For more information reply by email or call 913-219-3179 and leave a message.

davesgmc

guys this is going to be a FANTASTIC event,,,some of the displays put up by our members are OUTSTANDING! ITs well worth a trip to atleast come see them all.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
guys this is going to be a FANTASTIC event,the displays put up by our members are OUTSTANDING! .
Allen is going to have his MKT up and operating, Greg & Jenni will have their Field feeding and Red Cross display. Bill B will have all his WWII jeeps I guess you will have your Britt display, just to name a few. I might even get Maj Tom out of storage!

Attachments

davesgmc

and elmo got his first 2 coats of green,,,i still have one more to get on and paint the inside of the bed too, the start putting it all back together. I still want to do the flames on the hood,,,might just bring al the stuff and do that right there at liberty memorial!,,,then again, maybe not,,,lol.

Aswayze

Yup, I am bringing the MKT and the Deuce out.

I am getting off easy for a change with the MKT, I just need to bake potatoes and do some breakfast stuff, this should be a snap :)

m.walker

I still haven't finished all of my work ! I may work on mine there too . Maybe in the mornings before all the people show up . How come no pics of Elmo yet ? Some kind of grand reviel ? It should be a fun weekend !

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kaleb and I went to the barn to put the shelter in the M885. Was going to paint it to match the truck put I do not want to lose the cat, Maybe I will just paint the ends.

Attachments

Last edited:

davesgmc

exactly what does the cat represent? it would be cool in a camo job. maybe paint the cat in brown and the box in tan. that would look pretty cool.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
exactly what does the cat represent? .
I don't Know, It came up at Ft Riley with about 6 others all marked the same. They were all MRLS support shelters so came from an Ord of Arty unit but don't know the exact unit.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
24 MV'S as of 1500 today and it doesn't even start till tomorrow. 3 M35A2, 1 M109A3, M40 5T WITH 109 BOX, 3 M38A1 ,2 M274. 1 MKT UP AND COOKIN. 2 M38 , 1 M890, 1 M885 ,1 M37, 2 MB, 1 GPA, 1 GPW , M151, HUMMER , M62 5T WRECKER, M818 5T TRUCK TRACTOR , M275 2 1/2T TRUCK TRACTOR.
AND ELMO M328 CREW CAB BRIDGE TRUCK. PICTURES TOMORROW

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks