• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002a Volatage 160 volts

TURKEY131

During the last blizzard we lost power for about 3 hours. The generator ran great except for the voltage stayed at 160 volts. I cold not adjust it down. I have been looking through the threads and it has something to do with the the voltage regulator. I am thinking of replacing it with the lakeland voltage regulator. I am not sure if it is the AC or DC. Anybody have any ideas?

Isaac-1

This problem is often one of the transistors on the AC voltage regulator board, but there can be other things that cause it. There is a trouble shooting section in the TM that can help you isolate the problem by performing a few simple tests. If it the output transistor they are cheap (shipping will likely cost more than the part) and they are easy to replace by anyone with even basic electrical soldering skills.

Last edited:

Ray70

Also check the 2 rectangular potentiometers on the VR board. I've seen them get messed up where they loose continuity internally and it can cause the voltage to go high. Sometimes just turning the adjustment screw back a forth a little bit will fix it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks