• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016a making it easier to move.....

So I've got the Mep-016a... it's a bit of a bear to drag around at 275# trying to figure out a way without making too many mods to it to make it easier to move...

my thoughts:

bushings thru one of the cross tubes w/ and axle & tires and some "wheelbarow" style handles on top

Or:

a full blown cart with steering on the front end. that'd probably raise the CG up a bit far though.....

any other ideas?

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Depending on what you need Harbor Freight sells a road legal 40x50 inch deck 870 pound capacity trailer for under $200 which I think would be just about right once you add a small external fuel tank.

Ike

p.s. be glad yours is as light as it is, my MEP-701a / MEP-016B with ASK weighs in just over 500 pounds

Heck, I could mount FrankenKompressor and the generator to a small trailer....LOL

But, I was hoping to keep the footprint about the same as I'm building a new shed & leanto out behind my garage to house some of theis stuff.... I'll have to see what I have laying in the loft for wheels and whatnot.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks