• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 016d

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just fired off my Gen. Set for the 1st time load tested 3 phase 110/ 208. can only get about 5.9 amps on each leg before it starts to droop down ??
any thoughts

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

strycnine

One of mine did something similar and I believe it was a spring on governor in wrong location.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st picture is the upper arm 2nd picture is the lower arm.
I believe for the governor.
looks like the Spring is in the middle position at both upper and lower locations,
Is this what you're referring to for governor control?

Thank you

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After re view, upper level is in the closest location 1st hole

strycnine

Capture+_2020-06-21-20-44-34.png

The upper should have four holes 1,2,3 and 4. The lower should have three holes a,b and c. The manual says that model engine should be 2b. I know the picture isn't very clear, ill try to find another one.
Capture+_2020-06-21-20-44-34.png

strycnine

That what I'm thinking from your description. Just to be sure does yours have the friction plate type gov? Spring loaded then lock it with twist knob?

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK great
so the name plate says 15 amps 120/208... so that would be 15 amps per leg correct?
I was at around 50% load with that 6 amp per leg try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks