• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802/3a lift pump issue

jmenende

Alright guys. I just took out the lift pump off a unit that even had the tappet stuck. That said, the issue is the pump fell apart when i took it out. The clamp, spring and piston just fell out. I cant get the piston to stay in and comes right out when i put in the spring and detente. I does not seem broken and I have not found a rebuild blowout to see if anything is missing. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Josephml21

Alright guys. I just took out the lift pump off a unit that even had the tappet stuck. That said, the issue is the pump fell apart when i took it out. The clamp, spring and piston just fell out. I cant get the piston to stay in and comes right out when i put in the spring and detente. I does not seem broken and I have not found a rebuild blowout to see if anything is missing. Any suggestions?
LOL look at my thread right next to yours, I'm working on the same part and I can definitely tell you how to put it back together. My problem is I have two IP's that have different amounts of rings in them so I don't know how many actually go into a IP.

jmenende

LOL look at my thread right next to yours, I'm working on the same part and I can definitely tell you how to put it back together. My problem is I have two IP's that have different amounts of rings in them so I don't know how many actually go into a IP.
Im having issues with the other side of the pump. The bottom where the big spring is at. It has a disc that acts as the detent and holds in the spring and piston in the middle. My piston will not stay inside and there is no pressure to keep the detent in place. Im trying to find out if there is a special way to turn the piston to get it to stay inside.

Josephml21

Im having issues with the other side of the pump. The bottom where the big spring is at. It has a disc that acts as the detent and holds in the spring and piston in the middle. My piston will not stay inside and there is no pressure to keep the detent in place. Im trying to find out if there is a special way to turn the piston to get it to stay inside.
Post a picture of your pieces and I'll number them for you

jamawieb

Inside the pump is a grove that holds the plunger in place. You have to actually take the plunger out through the top (outlet side). The plunger can't be removed from the bottom where the spring is unless the inside of the pump is damaged. You'll never fix it, i've tried on different units. What will happen is the pump will come apart inside the motor and say goodbye. I've lost 2 motors due to faulty pumps.

jmenende

Inside the pump is a grove that holds the plunger in place. You have to actually take the plunger out through the top (outlet side). The plunger can't be removed from the bottom where the spring is unless the inside of the pump is damaged. You'll never fix it, i've tried on different units. What will happen is the pump will come apart inside the motor and say goodbye. I've lost 2 motors due to faulty pumps.
Thanks for the heads up. Will get a new pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks