• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802/3A Vs 002/003A Frequency gage / Transducer operation

Ray70

Hello everyone, I tried looking to see if this has been discussed before, but didn't find anything so....
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the operation of the frequency transducer and gage is the same between the 802/3 and 002/3?
Yesterday I picked up a really nice trailer mounted 002A locally.
It wouldn't stay running, turned out a mouse had chewed the wire on the high temp sensor, easy fix.
Now that its running, it looks to have the typical BAD frequency transducer.
I've used the Chinese digital $10 gages before and they work good, but I was interested to know if the transducer from an 802/803 would work ( although mounting is different) but I'm betting the answer is going to be NO.... why would the government make it that simple?
I have a brand new transducer, but would like to keep it in my personal stash of goodies if possible.....

Ray70

That's the one.... I called him Sun. night and was at his door at 6:00AM Monday, knowing it would be gone if I wasn't there when he woke up!
Did you happen to text him about 7:15 AM? We were standing there talking and he got a message from a " Western Mass." phone number, as he called it...
Turns out the transducer is OK. When looking at it at his house, he was holding the solenoid up with his finger to keep it running, but the way he was holding it, it just wasn't revved high enough to read on the gage. now that I jumped the temp switch I can get the speed up 60hz and the gage is working.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You definitely stole it though, good job. I've got a pair of 803s (under 200 and 100 hours respectively) in the last 10 days that are steals (at least these days). 2010 and 2011.

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello everyone, I tried looking to see if this has been discussed before, but didn't find anything so....
I'm wondering if anyone knows if the operation of the frequency transducer and gage is the same between the 802/3 and 002/3?
Yesterday I picked up a really nice trailer mounted 002A locally.
It wouldn't stay running, turned out a mouse had chewed the wire on the high temp sensor, easy fix.
Now that its running, it looks to have the typical BAD frequency transducer.
I've used the Chinese digital $10 gages before and they work good, but I was interested to know if the transducer from an 802/803 would work ( although mounting is different) but I'm betting the answer is going to be NO.... why would the government make it that simple?
I have a brand new transducer, but would like to keep it in my personal stash of goodies if possible.....

No, the freq transducers are not interchangeable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks