• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Outlet Circuit Breaker #3?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got my 802A running today :)
I plugged in a 1,000 watt heater into the outlet and within a couple of seconds the heater stopped.
No power at the outlet.
According to the schematic CB3 controls the power to the out. I looked all around the control box and no CB3 to be found.
What I did find was a black in-line fuze holder to the left of the relay block cable tied to the wire harness. The 9 amp fuse in it was blown. Put a new one in and power was restored to the outlet.

Do others have the in-line fuze holder or a real CB3?
Where is CB3 suppose to be located?

Here is a picture of the fuse holder.
OutletFuse_zpsc618973b.jpg

Last edited:

bookpile

Not sure if it is CB3 or not but there is a CB located behind the outlet. It is barely visible in this picture on the far left side. Circled in Red. It kept tripping when I was trying to run a hairdryer off the outlet. 10 amps seems very low to me.

IMG_3461 - Copy.jpg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all for looking at your gen sets.
After digging thru TM9-6115-641-24P I found that they used two different Ground Fault Interruptors when they built the 802's.
Page 32 Figure 8 shows the GFI item 11 in detail B with a fuse holder. The following page listing the parts indicates that units built with 19450-1 GFI
has the fuze holder in the wiring harness and units that were built with the 19990-1 GFI don't have the fuse holder and apparently have a circuit breaker.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks