• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A and trailer max road speed?

steelydan

Hi,

I just bought one at auction and am leaving to tow it home.
The data plate says the trailer is NSN 2330-01-387-5424, and the TM is TM 9-2330-392-14&P.
The TM says max road speed is 55 MPH, but is that max rated speed underrated or realistic?
I'm wondering if anyone has towed it faster safely? I want to tow it safely, but don't want to spend extra time crawling along the interstate.

TIA

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
If the tires are in good shape highway speeds are fine with an m101a3 or m1102 (or their generator hauling variant). Not sure the "max speed" on HMMWV tires but never had a problem with them myself. Someone will probably come along and say going 56mph is a death wish though.:burn:

steelydan

If the tires are in good shape highway speeds are fine with an m101a3 or m1102 (or their generator hauling variant). Not sure the "max speed" on HMMWV tires but never had a problem with them myself. Someone will probably come along and say going 56mph is a death wish though.:burn:

Do you happen to know the lug nut size for a HMMWV? I'm assuming it's the same as this trailer since they both use the same 8 lug, 16.5 inch tire. And I'm bringing a spare HMMWV tire I bought, just in case. I just need to know what size socket to take.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks