• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-805B Circuit Interrupter Not Closing

Mrekieta

I am working on a MEP-805B and am having trouble with the circuit interrupter. The contactor is not getting its 24V to the coil from the circuit interrupter switch. I jumpered 24V from the switch directly to the coil and it is closing correctly. I’m having trouble finding a good schematic to trace where my wire goes after leaving the switch and before it gets to the coil. Thanks in advance.

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you down loaded the TM's and schematics? There is no "good schematic" . What's in the TM's is what you get. Is this set new to you? Have you ever seen it work tight?

Mrekieta

Have you down loaded the TM's and schematics? There is no "good schematic" . What's in the TM's is what you get. Is this set new to you? Have you ever seen it work tight?
Yes sir, I’ve looked at the schematic that shows the 24V close command comes from the board on the backplane. It leads me to think that the board is possibly bad. Yes it is a new set to me and no I have never seen the contactor work like it should.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldnt say a backplane is bad unless it is damaged.... i would remove the command coupla, disassemble, clean inspect, assemble then go test again.

i had a red headed step child 805b that was..... difficult, throw faults, wouldnt run, finallyremoved everything from backplane, looked at it, put itback together..... now its most reliable that i own

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks