• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP002a bosch psu vs ambac pump, how to ID? And conversion info

psu927

I have a defective bosch psu pump on my mep002a. I may end up purchasing a parts unit if I can locate one and was wondering how I could ID the pump visually in pictures only? Also, I know there is a timing process, but other than timing, is it a direct bolt on to convert from the PSU pump to the Ambac?

Lastly, can anyone out there possibly help me out as far as locating a pump, engine, or parts unit?

dependable

The bosch and ambec are the same, I think ambec is equivalent to American Bosch. There is a spendy listing for them on fleebay lately,, I got a rebuilt one from Delk's Surplus years ago, I think they still rebuild them.

Ray70

You are 100% correct Guy! Externally the look quite similar, but internally about the only parts that are the same are the delivery valve and holder pieces, the throttle control assembly ,the actual timing buttons and a couple gaskets. Most of the other parts are not interchangeable including the gear, plunger and the hydraulic head itself as well as the clips etc. that secure the timing button.... etc. etc. etc.
If you want to easily identify an Ambac M50 vs. Bosch PSU from the outside, just look for the large flat head screw protruding downward from the underside of the pump... that is only on the PSU.

Left is a PSU , Right is an M50
IMG_1032.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks