MEP003A fuel pump q's

redpill

Hello again.
Any guidance regarding the fuel pumps for the MEP003A genset? I can't get the unit to fire up at all, not much fuel misting in the exhaust, at least not like that of my diesel tractor before it fires up. Anyway, the fuel pumps click/clatter loudly when the switch is put in the 'prime and run' position regardless of how long it's left at this position. Return fuel line isnt plugged and pumps no air/bubbles while pumping fuel at a rate of about quart every 2 min or so. I've bled the system at the filters with nothing abnormal but the dang thing acts like it's not getting any fuel at all. I know the fuel pumps are not supposed to keep clicking after they are purged of air so what's the hangup? The TMs are no further help to me at this point. When the 'start' position is engaged, the fuel pumps stop making any further noise so I can't tell if they stop pumping or not. The 'heat' setting seems to warm up the air intake manifold nicely and in any respect it's a nice day here along the coast and glow plugs shouldn't really be needed.
Any real world experience and recomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

NEIOWA

RE: MEP003A fuel pump q

I had same problems with MEP003 (and 002) for our FD. Got fed up with the obsolete POS DOD fuel filter assembly, ripped it off, and installed a modern spin on filter head/filter. Easy to bleed and genset fired right up. Was not getting the thing bleed/not getting fuel.

I suppose there might be some OD green "purists" here (why on a genset), if so we have a complete filter assembly with new filters we'll sell.

redpill

Re: RE: MEP003A fuel pump q

NEIOWA said:
I had same problems with MEP003 (and 002) for our FD. Got fed up with the obsolete POS DOD fuel filter assembly, ripped it off, and installed a modern spin on filter head/filter. Easy to bleed and genset fired right up. Was not getting the thing bleed/not getting fuel.

I suppose there might be some OD green "purists" here (why on a genset), if so we have a complete filter assembly with new filters we'll sell.
I'd buy one too, got a link? Can email at thatredpill at the yahoo place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks