• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP003A needs fine tuning se Iowa

hedgehog69

I redid a MEP003A 5+ years ago. Fresh rebuilt engine, new gen head...many other new parts. I had it running...making electricity. Then it has just sat. Anyone not real far away from se Iowa know these machines well and be interested in doing the fine tuning?

Chainbreaker

I redid a MEP003A 5+ years ago. Fresh rebuilt engine, new gen head...many other new parts. I had it running...making electricity. Then it has just sat. Anyone not real far away from se Iowa know these machines well and be interested in doing the fine tuning?
Generally diesels don't require "fine tuning" per se, especially if it had a fresh rebuilt engine in it and ran and produced electricity properly when last used. Now if it sat for ~5 yrs with fuel in it its going to require a complete drain/flush of fuel tank & hoses and new filters plus an oil change as a start. The thing to be watchful of is that the plunger guide in the injection pump is not stuck before a restart is attempted. If its stuck you run the risk of breaking the plunger guide. Take a look at post #6 in this thread on how to check it.

Once you can start it and it runs, be sure to verify output (120 V 61.5 Hz at no load) using a Kill-A-Watt meter or whatever you have before hooking to house. I would then put a can of Seafoam in fuel tank and run it with a good ~75% load on it for at least an hour.

You can do all this yourself, however if you don't have the time or inclination I understand the call for assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks