MEP003A questions

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: MEP Qs

All I could think of after reading this thread was the opening sequence of the "Twighlight Zone" :D

I understand its important to be prepared for emergencies of ALL kinds but....

Hey man I'd like to stand back and watch the world end too, (so I woudn't have to work anymore and could be the local warlord chieftan in the new Mad Max wasteland :) ) unfortunately that doesn't seem like its going to happen any time soon.

A large EMP device would actually be a big help. We could stand to lose some annoying and needless electronic devices :wink:

See everyone on the dark side of the moon

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: MEP Qs

generators could be rigged up for manual operation using crude lash-ups of non-vulnerable or undamaged parts salvaged from other electronic equipment, but someone would have to babysit them. don't worry about that though, labor will be real cheap then.

don't mess with me, I have a vacuum tube and I know how to use it!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MEP Qs

Tinfoil beanies anyone? Those don't work
They do, if you put the shiny side out!
You need a full body Faraday cage to block them!
I got one at Old Navy. It's brand new but it's also pastel blue (kids fashions are crazy)!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM, I'm with you. I have an Oscilloscope that my grandfather built out of a surplus WWII B52 radar screen and a cartload of tubes. Takes about 5min to power up, and still works great! I need to label the dials though, Pop-pop just used to remember what they did, and I don't use it much so I've forgotten....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks