• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831 new controller , started yesterday- won’t today

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New governor controller installed , cracked up manually no problems . Ran perfect yesterday.

today - attempted to start manually again, and would not crank
so I added a little diesel , and battery’s . Now will not start , just clicks . Video link below .

-emergency stop pulled out
-Circuit breaker reset
-Battle short switch off
-drained water from filter

Attachments

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New governor controller installed , cracked up manually no problems . Ran perfect yesterday.
So you did a manual pull start using the recoil starter and it started OK? Correct?

today - attempted to start manually again, and would not crank
So you did a manual pull start using the recoil starter or were you trying to use the electric start?
It's confusing because you said "start manually"...

so I added a little diesel , and battery’s . Now will not start , just clicks . Video link below .
What, where and under what conditions were you measuring the DC voltages in the two pictures?
Hard to tell from the very brief video what the clicks were.
Almost sounds like a dead/bad battery. Might want to measure the DC voltage across the battery terminals before you try and start it and then when you are attempting to use the electric start and see how low the battery voltage drops.

-emergency stop pulled out
-Circuit breaker reset
-Battle short switch off
-drained water from filter

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will measure the DC voltage across the battery terminals before and while attempting to use the electric start.

Yesterday: I did a manual pull start; using the recoil starter - and it started and ran perfect.

Today : I tried the exact same thing
(a manual pull start using the recoil starter)
and it would NOT start .

Today: after the above mentioned process. I decided to connect battery’s (add diesel) for an electric start .

and it just “clicks“ . the sound in the video does not change over the course of trying to start it. it continues to click very rapidly.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the battery(s) connected and you move S1 to Run but not START do you hear the fuel pump running?

The sound in the video, was that with S1 in RUN or START? I guessing START based on the movement of the actuator arm. Correct?

Leonardo82nd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the battery(s) connected and you move S1 to Run but not START do you hear the fuel pump running?

The sound in the video, was that with S1 in RUN or START? I guessing START based on the movement of the actuator arm. Correct?
ok I got it figured out . You were right . 1 of the battery’s was not up to par . I have bad eye site . 100% human error . My daughter ordered that new controller from you - works fantastic ! . Thanks again .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks