• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Metal plate for floor pan replacement??

andytk5

I searched but couldn't find this.

Had to cut out some rusted metal floor under the drivers seat. Looks like it may be a common thing since two piece of metal are sandwiched and water probably sits there. I have the pieces still and can compare them to the sheetmetal I find. Anybody ever do this or have a place I should look. I have a metal place in town and it seems a bit thicker than what HD would sell..

Thanks!

andytk5

Got it all welded in looks ok (kinda FNG welder here) so I warped it a few places and had to sledge it to smooth it back out. Then learned to weld short sections at a time to counter any warping. Have it primed but still going to grind down the welds tommorow and ill put some pics up.

Next is to spray bedliner on the back wall and floors, firewall)both sides).

andytk5

Andy, where are you in Florida. We need some pics. Can you make it to the Ga rally? We are having a convoy up, do you want to come?
Im in jacksonville. Man I'd love to, i just don't know if I'll be ready. James mentioned it to me earlier as well.

I'll get some pics on here tomorrow, I am starting to gather some pics of this mini-restore I'm doing but didn't really think I should start a whole new thread since there are so many build threads. Maybe I can start posting them in my "newbie checking out a deuce today" thread?

Love this site, and never imagined how much fun this truck would be!

andytk5

Cool man, I know i heard where/where it was earlier but I'll have to look in the rally info. Sounds like a good time. Plus I can pick ya'lls brains in person, hehe.

Pics to follow.

andytk5

Sorry for the delay, here are the pics from my first attempt at welding in new floorpans. Learned some good things.. like only weld 1" at a time, 4lb sledge fixes warping.. anyhow, not perfect but not terrible.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks