• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Migration

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm happy to announce we're underway with the migration of the site to a new hosting company. Hopefully this will minimize the outages that are too common with our current provider. As of right now, we've managed to copy most of the files over to the new server. And are spinning up the database copies we have. We'll have a window of time when the site will be down to finalize the move and allow for nameservers to catch up on the IP change. I don't have a exact time on that yet. But likely I'll set the board to maintenance mode at night and allow a final backup of the database and file copy. Then leave the current site like that until we're 100% on the new server. More details to come, but just wanted to give a heads up.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update. We'll be moving hosts tonight at 2am EST. (12/28) So just before then and during, the site will be in maintenance mode until we're moved completely over to the new server.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUOTE=papabear;1959799]Is "migration" the same as "Immigration"? Will we have legal citizenship? Any benefits we can apply for?:papabear:[/QUOTE]

You get the camel of your choice IFS. Treat her with respect.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for doing what you do to keep this Outfit up and running....................a LOT of it unknown and underappreciated, I am sure. Thank you, Sir!

Migration is what ducks, butterflies, and geese do PB..............Just tryin to help a pal out, ya know?

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Thanks Patracy for all you do with this site. It has been so helpful to me and made some work I have done on my truck much easier. Thanks for all your work.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
And we're over to the new server. At least some of us are. The old server is still up and running but we'll just have to wait until the DNS populates correctly. Please report any issues you see here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm starting to fade folks. 4hrs sleep last night and been going for 20hrs. But all has been well for the past few hours. I know not everyone can access the site yet as DNS hasn't updated world-wide. But please let me know if you see any issues on the site.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to give you a thanks on your post, and its not there...... Thanks for everything patracy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks