• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mile Marker Winch Brackets

jake-cutter

I am about to install a Mile Marker Winch and want to ensure I have the brackets in the correct orientation as they can be flipped. Can anyone confirm they are on the correct sides before I start to tighten everything up?

Also, any tips or tricks for the hydraulic winch?

HMMWV Bracktets.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, my brackets had no tags or stickers on them and as they say " I chose unwisely"

I have some pictures on my thread Juan's m998 of my install. I see you have the control arm bolts in already. Mine were not a s bad as others have reported. My only other suggestion when you get to the hydraulics is a quality name brand line wrench and crow foot as the space at the hydroboost is very tight. You do not want to strip those fittings....

jake-cutter

Well installed the winch but when re-installing the Ibis Tek Bumper I ran into problems. Mainly the bumper and opening do not seem to be correct as shown below. In this configuration, it will tear the plate and cable up . Not enough space for a second fair lead. So is there a different front winch plate for the front Ibis Tek Mile Marker winches or is it time to ditch the Ibis Tek and go with something like a luverne or other style bumper?

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Augdog1964

Will it mount on an A2 front plate with extensions?
If so it should run right through the bumper.
Not sure though, as the A2 plate is made for the Warn... you will need extensions.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will mount on the 9k elect winch plate...and with extension.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks